Wednesday, August 7, 2013

91. Narrative

there are [too] many twistsandturns
for me to be comfortable
            with the direction
            of the narrative that calls itself
            [your/my/our] Life

but if it’s a current I’ll continue to ride along it
and if it’s a force of nature
I’ll make sure the walls of my house are proofed
and if it
            comes to the
                                    conclusion that
                                                            it’ll tear us to
                                                            nothings

shreds aren’t awful,
they’re just pieces of what
used to be whole, and
it’s only because you can’t patch
them together that
anyone cries.

            [We know what they were.]

            [That should make us strong.]

No comments:

Post a Comment